Thursday, May 26, 2011

Knitted Nudibranchs

Sadly I didn't make these....

Anyone who knows me well knows that two of my favorite pastimes are knitting and admiring slugs. So its no wonder that this picture of a knitted nudibranch would catch my eye. For those who don't know, a nudibranch (pronounced noo-deh-brank) is a sea slug. They usually very brightly colored and far more filly than their land loving cousins and sometimes referred to as the "jewels of the sea".

I think I'm gonna knit and army of them.

Update:

I found these not long after posting this. I think I may have to make these as well.

The Ariolimax Columbianus or Northern Bananna Slug is my favorite slug. I like the idea of a plush one.

3 comments:

  1. You should sell these on etsy. I would definitely buy one... or many of these.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just stumbled on this after doing a google search for nudibranchs. you SHOULD knit an army of them. i would love to buy one!

    ReplyDelete